Friday, February 18, 2005

A Vehement Defense of Blogs....

I found an interesting apology for blogging as a legitimate form of journalism:
http://www.mayitpleasethecourt.net/journal.asp#2

I completely agree with many of the points made here by the author, attorney J. Craig Williams. He makes an interesting defense by saying, "The difference between blogs and MSM is the elimination of most of the middlemen. When you read blogs, such as this one, you get the "reporter." You don't get the copywriter, editor, producer and owner in the way, paring down what I write.The only two filters are you and me."

The only real argument blogging "haters" have is that there is a lack of accountability or oversight. But what makes a blog less credible than, say, the National Enquirer? I think we'll all enjoy it...

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

"In Defense of Citizen Journalism" by Steve Outing is another example of not just pro-blog, but pro-journalism not written by "journalists." I think you may find it interesting.

February 25, 2005 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

You made a great point in this post. into a link

August 27, 2013 at 1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home